Wednesday 22 May 2013

A little moment.....

I looked out the window tonight as the last daylight was fading and just stopped. I hadn't stopped like that in months. No one around me, nothing I had to do, just reality and I. I noticed things I hadn't had the time to notice over the last year; trees swaying, leaves green and vibrant, clouds moving, birds singing goodnight, a beautiful moon. 

Wow. It's like stress and being busy keeps you strong. Distraction and constant tasks build walls around you. It's a little scary how it all gets crumbly and starts falling away when you stop for a few minutes. It makes you weaker and the exhaustion seeps in. 


It's crazy though. How lucky am I? I walk past those trees everyday and mostly don't even acknowledge them. Yet they are amazing, we are lucky to live in a land so green and full of life and water. I feel very lucky. How did I get here? 5 years ago my life was very different, since then time has flown, and I haven't looked back. Whatever turn I took to get here in life, I'm bloody glad I took it! :)

From a childhood of turmoil and unease which I thought I couldn't break out of, to a life here in the beautiful remote countryside with an amazing family and amazing friends, a man like no other, and two children that have melted my heart. I feel like karma has given me a great big hug and said 'There you go. You deserve it. ' Well thank you. Thank you very much. The weight of my gratitude right now weighs even more than the weight of the hardship in finding my way here. 

We must not underestimate what we can achieve. The mind is an amazing tool of which we still know little about and our bodies are made of much more than we can comprehend. I'm glad I woke up a little just staring out the window. I'd hate to think life just passed me by. It's very short when you think about it. I appreciate everything and the people around me, and most of all I am thankful for the love and lessons my kids have taught me. There is no better way to learn true fear and unconditional love. 

Lets stop and listen to the wind in the trees every once in a while in our busy prioritised lives and think about the ones we love. Whatever the future holds, you have them - whether in spirit or in body. Shake off the disease that is negativity and take just one step at a time towards karma giving you a great big hug. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment