Tuesday 5 August 2014

My infantile eczema & allergies plan for this blog....


Well I've been writing monthly or bi monthly updates for a while now on the progress we are making with Mr. T and his conditions, which may be useful to some, but I feel I need to change the style of spreading the information I have learned and make it easier and faster for other parents out there to follow.

My plan for the next few weeks whenever I get a chance is to sit down and summarise all the steps we took in order to help our little boy turn from an irritated, angry, sore little man with hardly any healthy skin on his body to one that is now sporting baby soft skin nearly everywhere, and is slowly getting stronger and more resistant to the chemical world we live in.

Our journey in helping him started in March 2013 when I discovered two websites, while desperately searching the internet trying to find a solution. Topical steroids just weren't going to be the long term answer, and weren't addressing the real problem. I would recommend everyone dealing with eczema or asthma to have a look at these sites:  www.solveeczema.org and www.itchybaby.co.uk

Since then we have converted our whole household to help Mr. T in the most natural way possible, and I have shared these experiences on this blog. I now think however it is time to stop the possible rambling and give other helpless parents out there some ideas of what may help. Eczema and food allergies are so very specific, one thing may work for one family that doesn't work for another, but when it comes to detergent and its ill effects, I don't think there's anyone who hasn't benefited from eliminating it from their lives, especially if you suffer from these two conditions.

I would also like to mention, I am not a doctor, nor do I endorse any products. Our family doctor knows of all the steps we have taken to combat Mr. T's problems, and he is happy with the decisions we have made. Prescription drugs just weren't the answer for Mr. T, so we are solving his conditions naturally, with a lot of research, a bit of common sense and professional guidance from both western medicine practices and holistic therapies. I was once told 'Information is the key to survival' and this is true. It is what has helped us get this far.

So, as soon as I can I will compile our experiences together, into as short a post as I can, as I know that a sleep deprived desperate parent out there looking for help like I was, doesn't have time to read endless monthly updates. Please bear with me while I get this info together. There is so much I have learned it will be difficult to comprise it all, but with the help of my new wireless bluetooth keyboard I can now type on my phone anywhere so I'm hoping this will help :)

In case you are not yet convinced that the methods we have been using work, please have a look at the pictures below. Everyones journey is their own, but this has been our journey. If me sharing it can help even one baby out of their misery, or support one parent in their venture of doing the same, then it will be worthwhile :) Thank you for reading.

Here some pictures of Mr. T before eliminating detergents and allergens out of his life:





Now, 15 months later, we have gotten to the maintenance stage of keeping normal skin on his body as opposed to the initial stage which involved getting rid of infections, all detergents & allergens. 









Thank you to those people that have been there for us. The last 20 months have been an incredibly difficult time, physically and emotionally. Words, certainly in writing, cannot express how thankful I am to those that helped me still remain on two feet to this day, Tom and mum especially. Thank you for helping me stay strong. xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment