Thursday 21 March 2013

For the Dads.....

After being seriously sleep deprived  (haven't had more than a 4 hour slot of sleep since September) I eventually started malfunctioning two weeks ago. Making silly and dangerous mistakes, being too tired to stand up straight, and not being able to put together a sentence. On top of that I was battling a throat infection since the new year and had been getting headaches like my head was on fire.  Tuesday morning I got a bit upset and thankfully my lovely Tom came to the rescue. He got me two nights in a hotel in Killarney so I could sleep and relax.

I slept and relaxed and had some well overdue 'me time' and slept some more. The first night I still woke up every two hours as usual and the second night every four hours but at least I could go back to sleep straight away and sleep during the day too.Near the hotel I stumbled upon a tattoo studio and got a new tattoo in honour of having such an amazing fiancé. A rash, sleep deprived decision but sleeping on the idea to see if I really wanted it didn't work because I couldn't sleep. Just kept thinking I want it, I want it :) so I got it and then went back to hotel and slept. After all men like Tom are hard to find. He's one in a million and worth a tattoo for just being who he is over the last 5 years.

The reason I'm writing this is for all you dads out there. In any good relationship both mums and dads need a break every once in a while but I'm only talking about the mums this time round. I'm sure any mum would appreciate two nights away somewhere. Whatever age your kids are, the journey of parenthood is amazingly rewarding but we all need to switch off. Financial struggles and stresses are rife but a two night stay away doesn't have to be too expensive. There's loads of deal sites like Dealrush, Living Social, Groupon, Grab One and Pigsback that offer great deals. I brought our own water as that's really expensive in hotels and I took full advantage of the inclusive breakfast so no lunch was needed. Just a sandwich for dinner and tada! So dads, please do your girlie a favour and treat her to something nice. A happy, awake, motivated wifey will only be happy to return the favour. Two nights away to relax and sleep and use hotel leisure centre if they have one are divine :)



My room


1 comment: